Honest Review: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

I think the ilustration is pretty graphic, maybe that's why the cover are less graphic in the other series.

I am one of those people who really enjoy the book!

I read every page, although at some points I feel it was too detail describing things that I don't understand like math or logic ( my bad). The New York Time reviewed this book and I'm a bit disagree about its review  on the first paragraph stating that the book was funny, like hell no, I don't find it funny at all. It is more like awwwness the whole time because I feel like I was listening to a cute 7 year old boy telling his detective story. Hell I forgot that Christopher was a grown up 15 year old boy. Some reader who doesn't like childish narrator would probably dislike the book, it makes sense, maybe they expected the more manly and mysterious one. Well, a book can't please every single one.



The plot was simple, not so mysterious and ended in quite dramatic scene. The chapter numbering is also interesting. Since I really like Sherlock Holmes stories, I get a little surprised by the fact that he mentioned some nerdy names like Sherlock, Watson, Dr. Who and others. I was like

"Ha... this book is nerdy!"
Also, as a non native English speaker (English is my 3d language) this book is very easy to read because it was narrated by a childish boy who is actually very brilliant in Math and logic. For me, it is a very fresh and light novel to read maybe because I have read Paulo Coelho's novel prior. I was shocked by the way the dog died, I mean, I know it is a murder book but I was a bit sad that it was a dog who was dead tragically. I just can't.

Christoper sounds like an autistic boy ( yes I have just assumed what an autistic person is like) but I have just don't understand what is the name of his condition is; he is childish but very very brilliant. He brought me to see the details many people would ignore and taught me how to think differently. I was really enriched by the facts he had explained in details (thus I appreciate Haddon's brain too!).

There is a chapter I like the most, it was chapter 181, and it wasn't really #181 because it was written in prime numbers. Anyway, this chapter tells us to give attention to things closer, not only a glance, and he told that he understands jokes too. It may what the NYT review was about in its first paragraph.

"But most people are lazy. They never look at everything. They do what it's called glancing..."


A little addition, I hate his father!

Comments

Rising Star said…
High fashion brand Rising Star is back with an outstanding second photo collection inaugurating in Spring. The phenomenal compilation titled “I Met Jesus 5 Times Again… 3 Times in January” showcases 100 photos ranging in value from 1.1 Million to 10.1 Million USD. Each photo was taken either by 35mm or iPhone camera. The highly anticipated brand is also auctioning off the World’s Most Expensive Photo titled “Church Grounds” for 33 Million USD. With a harmonious balance of contrasting whites and greens seeming as a watercolor painting while still staying true to its photographic nature, Church Grounds depicts a parochial and rural place of worship.
Rising star